Sunday, August 10, 2008

O-lympic O-verkill?

My eyes are just sore from watching this neverending barrage of international spectical that is the Summer Games in Beijing.

Well, actually, I can't say I've watched much of it, because I'm not the biggest Olympic guy.

I'll keep track of the medal count, the USA basketball team, and that's about it.

Team LeBron took on Team Yao this morning at 9 am and I did manage to set my alarm, but by the time it buzzed I thought better of waking up.

Good decision, I guess, because our guys pummeled China 101-70.

But I digress.

The Olympics work in some ways. Good publicity and revenue for the host country. Good showcase for the less-than-mainstream sports. Chance of a lifetime for the athletes (like a former Butler star I'll update you on in a future post

But good television? I don't think so.

You go ahead and get your fill of Bob "The Brain" Costas and Jim Lampley sitting in that same room he always sits in.

I'll get back to channel surfing.

No comments: